Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you. This helps me to create more posts like this. Thank you for your support!
Delicious Jamaican Jerk seasoning mixed with Moroccan preserved lemons, mice spice and delicate sweet peaches makes perfect combination for Autumn entrance. This dish can be made up to 24 hours in advance.
Oxtail with Peaches and Preserved LemonsCourse: Main, Soups
3 lbs of beef oxtail
2 tbsp olive oil
2 medium size onions, sliced
5 medium size carrots, cut in chunks
8 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
2 tbsp or to taste Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
1/2 tsp Mace spice
3 tbps preserved lemons, finely minced
1 15 oz can of peaches in the juice, drained
1 tbsp coconut BBQ aminos
Salt and pepper to taste (depends on your kind of jerk seasoning)
~ 3 glasses of water
Let’s make it
- In a Dutch oven preheat the olive oil. Brown oxtail very well, that’s where the flavors start to build up.
- Add onions, carrots, garlic and let it brown a little bit.
- Add coconut aminos, all the spices and let them to warm up and get fragrant, for a minute or 2.
- Add water just to cover the meat, cover the pot and bring it to a boil.
- Let it simmer on a low heat for 2 hours. Remove any foam or access fat which forms on the top of the surface. You also can place the Dutch oven in the oven at 300 F.
- After cooking for 2 hours, add preserved lemons, drained peaches and simmer for another 1-1.30 hours.
- I served with Safran rice.