Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you. This helps me to create more posts like this. Thank you for your support!
No knead rye breadCuisine: Lithuanian, RussianDifficulty: Easy
Please use kitchen scale, it is very important in this and many other baking recipes.
Smells and tastes amazing! Freezes very well.
250 g rye whole grain flour
250 g all purpose flour
1 tbsp. caraway seeds
1 tbsp. sea salt
8 g. dry yeast
150 ml or g. of milk
150 ml or g. of water
1-2 tbsp. honey
1 tbsp. molasses
1 tbsp. Browning & Seasoning sauce (“Kitchen Bouquet”)
Let’s make it
- Mix all the dry ingredients with the whisk or fork.
- Microwave milk for 2 min, add honey, molasses, seasoning and stir well to help to dissolve the honey and molasses, then add water.
- Pour into dry ingredients.
- Mix everything with the spatula until it comes together in a bowl and no dry flour is showing.
- Transfer to a clean oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and leave it for 1-2 hours.
- Form a loaf on a parchment paper, cover and leave it for 1-1.30 more hours.
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- With a sharp knife or blade make some scores (this time I made only one in the middle).
- Bake at 425 F for 15 min, then lower to 370 F and leave for another 45 min.
- Let it cool and enjoy!