Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you. This helps me to create more posts like this. Thank you for your support!
Creamy Cauliflower and Bacon SoupDifficulty: Easy
400 g. Peeled potatoes cut in chunks
1200 g cauliflower divided in florets
6 strips of bacon, cut in small pieces
1/2 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, grated or pressed
1 tsp. fresh thyme, chopped
1/2 tsp. lemon pepper
1 tsp. chili oil or 1/2 tsp. cayenne or chili flakes
1200-1400 ml homemade chicken broth or if you don’t have one, just use water, please don’t use store bought, it’s just disgusting.
Salt and pepper to taste
150 ml heavy cream or half & half (if you want it lighter)
Let’s make it
- Cook bacon in a dry pot, until crispy.
- Add chopped onion and garlic and sauté for a couple of minutes, until onion starts to change color.
- Add the rest of ingredients except cream and bring it to a boil. Cook for 20-25 min on medium low heat.
- Turn off the heat, add cream.
- Use emergent blender to cream it.
- Serve and enjoy!