Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you. This helps me to create more posts like this. Thank you for your support!
Want a guy to stick around? Make him these “Stick Around Wings”!Difficulty: Easy
If you have a great guy, who likes wings, make him these Zivile’s stick around sticky wings. They are to die for with only a few ingredients and so easy to make! My recipe is for 4-5 people. I always like to make 1-3 portions more then we need for dinner so my lovely husband would have some leftovers for next day’s lunch.
5 lb. of meaty chicken wings
2 tbsp. of seal salt
2 tbsp. of coarse black pepper
1 tsp. lemon pepper
1 cup of corn starch
Oil for cooking (~1 qt.)
- For the glaze
1 head of garlic, finely chopped
1 cup of honey
Let’s make it
- Cut the wings in 3 pieces. You can discard the tip and use it to make a soup, but I always leave it on, it’s so crunchy and tasty!
- Add salt and pepper. The best is to marinate for at least 2 hours, but if you are short on time, you can cook it immediately.
- Add corn starch and coat it well. If your wings are very wet, you might need some extra starch, maybe extra 1/4 cup.
- Pour ~1 qt. of vegetable oil in a deep pan (wings should be fully covered in oil), and fry wings until golden brown, Do not overload the pan. It takes me 3 bathes to fry them all.
- Set fried wings aside for a minute.
- Remove the oil from the pan, wipe with paper towels to remove any bits, or use the new clean pan, add honey and chopped garlic. Swirl around for a few minutes, until honey starts to smell like a caramel and garlic starts to caramelize a bit.
- Then add all the wings at once, Keep mixing constantly, until all wings are coated with honey and garlic.
- Remove the wings to the serving plate and sprinkle with some sesame seeds.
- You will be left in the pan with ~1/2 cup of honey – garlic goodness, Don’t toss it away! Remove to the bowl, add 1 cup of mayo, 1 tsp of grainy Dijon mustard and 1 tbsp. of sriracha sauce. It will be wonderful dipping sauce.
- Serve it with some salad or fries.
- You are welcome! ????