Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you. This helps me to create more posts like this. Thank you for your support!
Deep fried oystersDifficulty: Easy
1 lb. of fresh or thawed oysters without shells
1 cup of all-purpose flour
1 egg + 1 tbsp. of water, lightly beaten
1 1/2 cups of panko bread crumbs
1 tsp. of smoked paprika
1/2 tsp. chipotle
1 tsp. of sea salt
Let’s make it
- Drain oysters in a strainer to remove access water.
- In a zip lock bag mix place flour and spices. Close it and shake it well to combine.
- Place oysters in flour mixture. Close the bag and shake well to coat evenly.
- Pour over lightly beaten egg mixture and massaging the bag coat evenly.
- Take each oyster out and coat in panko bread crumbs.
- Deep fry in the preheated oil to 350 F. for a couple minutes, until it’s golden brown.
- Serve with Sweet Zivile chipotle sauce.