Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you. This helps me to create more posts like this. Thank you for your support!
Traeger simple smoked beef jerkyDifficulty: Intermediate
I always wanted to try to make a beef jerky and family kind of was begging me, so here I am. I used my Traeger smoker to make them, but you can definitely use dehydrator or just your oven.
2 lbs. eye of round steak
5 dashes of Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cups of dark brown sugar
1 tbsp. of sea salt
2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. chili flakes
2 tbsp. Monterey Steak seasoning
Let’s make it
- Mix all the marinate ingredients together.
- Cut the beef in thin slices.
- Put the beef in a plastic bag or a bowl and pour the marinate/seasoning over it.
- Mix it very well so each piece would be coated in seasoning.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 8-72 hours.
- Set the Traeger smoker to smoke setting and smoke/dry for 2-3 hours, depending how thin is your slices. If it’s thicker, might take up to 6 hours. Mine took 2-3 hours.
- You can use the oven as well. Set to 180 F and dry for 2-6 hours (depending on thickness of your slices).
- It has to be dry, bus still flexible.
- P.S. Next time making bourbon-jalapeno jerky. Stay tuned!