Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you. This helps me to create more posts like this. Thank you for your support!
This is the way Lithuanians would fry fish. Very simple, crispy fish. Usually in our house we would use carp, but you can choose any other fresh water fish and use the same method. It’s very tasty served hot or at room temperature.
Lithuanian style fried carp | Dinner in under 30 min.Course: Main, SnackCuisine: Lithuanian
~ 3 lbs. whole carp, cleaned
1 cup of flour
A good pinch of salt
Vegetable, flavorless oil for frying
Let’s make it
- Clean the carp, remove and discard the head. Cut the fish it in approximately 2 cm thickness slices.
- Place it in 1 gallon size zip lock bag, add flour, close tightly and shake it well to coat all the fish evenly.
- Preheat generous amount of oil in a deep pan.
- Cook carp on a medium high heat until it’s lightly browned.
- Remove from the pan on a wire rack to prevent sogginess and sprinkle with a generous amount of coarse sea salt.
- Serve it by it self or with your favorite salad.