Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you. This helps me to create more posts like this. Thank you for your support!
One of my favorite appetizers of all time.
Grilled ArtichokesDifficulty: Easy
It looks and tastes very very delicious!
1 artichoke per person
Half of the lemon for rubbing the artichokes
- For garlic butter
1 stick of melted butter
2 garlic cloves, crushed or finely grated
1/2 tsp of lemon pepper
Let’s make it
- Wash and clean artichokes. You can watch the video below or on my YouTube channel how to prepare artichikes.
- Cut in half and rub all the cuts with lemon to prevent browning.
- Place the artichokes in a steamer. Steam for 30-45 min (depending on a artichoke size). Leafes should be changed color and easy to remove with thongs.
- Cut in half and remove chokes which are attached to the artichoke heart.
- Melt butter and add garlic.
- Brush all sides of artichoke with butter and try to get in between the leaves as well.
- Sprinkle with some lemon pepper.
- Grill on a very well preheated grill, preferably charcoal, (450F-500F) for 3-5 min per side.
- Serve with The Kick sauce.
- You can steam artichokes a day before.
- The best is served hot, but cold tastes great as well.
- If you want, you can skip the grilling part and just place it in the oven under the broiler for 3-4 min or until it gets some char.