Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you. This helps me to create more posts like this. Thank you for your support!
Super quick, delectable, elegant looking appetizer. No leftovers – guarantee! Let me share with you how I make it.
Herbed Goat Cheese and Smoked Salmon Phyllo Cups | Beautiful Delicious flowersCourse: Appetizers
- For the filling
4.5 oz. of creamy goat cheese with honey, room temperature
1 tbsp. light sour cream
1 tsp. chopped capers
1 tbsp. red onion, chopped very finely
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp. lemon zest
1 tbsp. lemon juice
24 thin slices of cold smoked salmon (recipe how easy you can make it at home)
- For the topping
1 tbsp. of lemon zest
1 tbsp. very finely chopped red onion
2 tbsp. of freshly grated parmesan cheese. I like to use a cheese/zest grater, it makes beautiful curls.
1 tbsp. fresh dill, finely chopped
Let’s make it
- Bake phyllo cups according to the package instructions, mine said to crisp up in the preheated to 350 F oven for 3-5 min.
- Cream the cheese with onion, capers, spices, lemon juice and zest with the spatula.
- Place the cheese mixture in a small piping bag, cut the end and distribute the mixture between cups.
- Take each slice of salmon, roll up starting from the thicker side and place it on the cheese mixture trying to make it look like a flower.
- Place it on a large plater, sprinkle with chopped onions, dill, zest some lemon zest, grate some parmesan and serve.
- Can be made a few hours in advance, covered and kept in the fridge.