Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you. This helps me to create more posts like this. Thank you for your support!
Beautiful, delicious, easy and quick date night dinner recipe.
Blackened Swordfish Steaks with lobster | Dinner in under 30 min.Course: MainCuisine: Sweet ZivileDifficulty: Easy
- For the swordfish
4 swordfish steaks, 10-12 oz./ each
1 tbsp. smoked paprika
1 tbsp. sweet paprika
1 tbsp. granulated garlic
1 tbsp. black pepper
1 tbsp. sea salt
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. fried thyme
1 tsp. dried basil
3 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- For baby broccolini
2 bunches of baby broccolini
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. lemon pepper
1 tsp. granulated garlic
2 tbsp. freshly grated parmesan cheese
- For the lobster
4 lobster tails, 4 oz. each
2 tbsp. of unsalted butter, melted
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tsp. fresh parsley, finely minced
A pinch of salt and black pepper
- For the leeks
2 leeks, only white parts, thinly sliced
Salt and pepper to taste
4 tbsp. of unsalted butter
2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
2 tbsp. of balsamic vinegar
4 oz. of white wine
- For serving
A handful of micro greens
Let’s make it
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Start from the leeks, since it takes the longest time to cook. Melt the butter in a frying pan, add leeks, salt and cook on a medium high heat, mixing occasionally, until it’s tender (10-12 min).
- Add balsamic vinegar and cook for 2 more minutes, letting it to evaporate.
- Add wine, black pepper, garlic and cook for additional 5 min, or until wine is almost evaporated. Taste it. If it tastes too sour (because of the kind of the wine), just add a teaspoon of sugar or honey. It has to be a little tangy, but not sour.
- Prepare the lobster tails, cutting in a middle and exposing the tail meat out on the shell and opening the tail tips for a better presentation. Brush the meat with melted butter mixed with garlic, spices and set it aside in a refrigerator.
- Mix all the spices swordfish together and set it aside.
- Pat dry the swordfish steaks with paper towels and brush them with melted butter and sprinkle with spices all over the steaks.
- Preheat the frying pan with a little drizzle of olive oil. Place steaks and cook it on a high heat until it gets a beautiful sear, for at least 5-6 min. not touching, flip it, reduce the heat to a medium, insert a meat thermometer and continue cooking until the fish internal temperature reaches 135 F. Remove it from the pan, cover slightly with aluminum and let it rest for 4-5 min.
- While steaks are cooking and resting, place baby broccolini on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oils, sprinkle with spices and place it in the oven together (on a separate sheets) with lobster tails for 6-7 min.
- Let’s assemble
- In a large plater or plate, place the caramelized leeks, place the swordfish steak, lobster and top it with generous amount of micro greens.
- Serve and enjoy!