Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you. This helps me to create more posts like this. Thank you for your support!
Easter is around the corner and I received so many requests to share my carrot cake recipe. Those beautiful carrots adds beautiful decorative accent to any Easter table. But, you don’t have to wait to Easter! You can make it any time of the year.
Let me share with you my version of Carrot Cake.
“Sweet Zivile’s” Carrot CakeCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
4 large eggs
1 1/5 cup + 2 tbsp. or 300 g. of white sugar
1 cup or 235 ml. of vegetable oil
2 tsp. vanilla extract
0.5 cup of crushed pineapple from the can or apple sauce
1 cup pecans or walnuts
3 1/2 cups or 350 g. raw grated carrots
2 cups of flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
0.5 tsp. cardamom or 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- Cream Cheese Frosting
3 cups or 680 g. Philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature
1 stick or 115 g. of unsalted butter, room temperature
2 cups or 240 g. of confectioner sugar (powdered sugar), sifted
2 tsp. of vanilla extract
1 lemon zest
Let’s make it
- Let’s make sponge
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Grease 2 of 9 inch round pans and line bottoms with some parchment paper.
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients in another bowl. No mixer needed, just use a whisk or fork.
- Incorporate dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
- Divide the batter between 2 pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 min, until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let’s make frosting
- In a stand mixer or in a bowl with a hand mixer beat the butter until white and fluffy.
- Add cream cheese gradually.
- Add vanilla and lemon.
- Divide each sponge in 2 pieces horizontally.
- Start from 1 layer of sponge, then frosting, then sponge, then frosting and continue until you finished all layers. Leave some frosting (~200 g/~2/3 of the cup) so you could add some food coloring to make decorations (I have a video below this recipe). I also used some crushed walnuts around the edge.
- VERY IMPORTANT: Leave in the refrigerator for 24 hours to marry all the flavors together.