Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you. This helps me to create more posts like this. Thank you for your support!
I am here with another my weekly chicken recipe. This time I am sharing with you my quick chicken with mushrooms and veggies curry. This is a bowl full of flavor, comfort and deliciousness.
Simple Red Curry with Chicken and Mushrooms | Dinner in under 30 min.Course: MainCuisine: ThaiDifficulty: Easy
2 lbs. of boneless chicken breast, sliced in bite size pieces
1 cup of Thai red curry paste
5 oz. of bamboo shoots with the liquid
1 can of Thai coconut milk, 13.66 oz.
1 can of Thai coconut cream, 13.66 oz.
3 cups of homemade chicken broth or water
6 oz. of fresh mushrooms, I used some shitake, king oysters and oyster mushroom blend
4 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 inch of fresh ginger, finely chopped
2 medium size carrots, sliced in thin rounds
1/2 cup of cilantro, stems and leaves separated
3 oz. of snow peas
1 cup of fresh bean shoots
1 tbsp. of sea salt
1 tsp. of red chili flakes
1 lime zest and juice
1 tbsp. of finely chopped lemon grass
2 tbsp. of vegetable oil
2 cups of cooked rice for serving
Let’s make it
- In a Dutch oven preheat the oil and fry garlic, ginger and lemon grass for a couple of minutes until it’s fragrant.
- Add chicken and fry until you get a few brown spots. That gives some great additional flavor.
- Add curry paste, chicken broth or water, mushrooms, carrots, cilantro stems (hold on on the leaves), coconut milk and coconut cream, bamboo shoots, salt, pepper and lime zest. Cook for 15 min on medium low heat.
- Add snow peas, bean sprouts, lime juice and cook for additional 2-3 min.
- Serve with or over cooked or steamed rice and some cilantro leaves on the top.