Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you. This helps me to create more posts like this. Thank you for your support!
After you try this recipe, deviled eggs will never be the same. It’s very easy recipe and requires a minimum equipment. You only need a regular (any kind will do ) grill and a smoking tube with wood pellets. I have a full detailed description of how to use a smoking tube.
Smoked Deviled Eggs | No Actual smoker neededCourse: Snacks, AppetizersCuisine: American
1 and 1/4 tbsp. of mayo
2 tbsp. grainy Dijon mustard
1 tbsp. white vinegar
1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
Salt and pepper to taste
Let’s make it
- Place eggs in a pot, fill up with cold water to cover the eggs. Place it on the stove, turn on the heat and bring it to a boil. Cook it for 8 min.
- After the time is up, remove the eggs immediately to a bowl filled with cold water with ice. Let it chill for 20-30 min.
- Peel the eggs. This is my favorite method to peel the eggs.
- Carefully cut each egg lengthwise and remove the yolk, trying not to break the white.
- Break the yolks with the fork.
- Add mayo, vinegar, mustard and spices. Mix well.
- You can stop here and just spoon the mixture into whites, but I like to take an extra quick step and make it more presentable. Take an emergent blender and blend it to a smooth mixture. Transfer to a piping bag with a star tip and fill the whites evenly.
- Place deviled eggs on a baking sheet and place it in the grill (no heat, using juts as a space) or smoker with a cold smoke tube for 2 hours.
- Transfer to a air tight container and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.