Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you. This helps me to create more posts like this. Thank you for your support!
Garden Herb – Garlic Grilled Lamb ChopsCuisine: MediterraneanDifficulty: Easy
This is one of my family favorites.
It will be even more better if you have your own herb garden. Let me show you how I made it, in case you would like to make it.
4 lb. of lamb chops or rack of lamb
1/2 cup of red wine vinegar
3 tbsp. of salt
2 tbsp. of black pepper
10 big cloves of garlic
A pinch of cayenne pepper or half of chili pepper with seeds
5 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil
Good amount of fresh herbs: sage, rosemary, thyme, parsley, oregano
Let’s make it
- If you got a rack of lamb, cut it in chops and place it on the tray.
- Rub lamb with olive oil (it will give a nice char and helps herbs to stick to the meat).
- Sprinkle generous amount of salt and pepper.
- Chop herbs and garlic finely and mix with cayenne and vinegar in the bowl.
- Using hands place chopped herbs and garlic on the meat from both sides slightly pressing into the meat and pour left juices all over the meat.
- Cover with another tray or piece of plastic wrap and leave at room temperature 30-60 min.
- Grill on a charcoal grill from both sides until your likeness. We like it medium rare.
- I served with oven roasted garlic potatoes and also oven roasted anise.