Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you. This helps me to create more posts like this. Thank you for your support!
Pork Tenderloin Trunks. Treat your loved one!Difficulty: Eassy
Treat your loved one with this beautiful and even more delicious meal!
This was our tiny wedding anniversary dinner. Everything paired so well!
It may look complicated, lots to read, but it’s not and dinner was done maybe in 20-25 min, (with a tiny preparations (10-15 min) witch could be done even a day in advance).
Sounds good? Let me share with how I made it.
4 pork tenderloins
1 tsp of sea salt
2 tsp of fresh ground black pepper
4 tbsp. of zesty lemon pepper (with salt added)
2 tsp. of garlic powder
2 tsp. of sweet paprika
1/2 cup of mayo
2 tbsp. of grainy Dijon mustard
Fresh chopped parsley and lemon zest for garnishing (don’t skip this step)
- Red wine – cherry wood smoked chipotle BBQ reduction sauce
2 1/2 cups of red wine (don’t waste any expensive wine for cooking)
3/4 cups of Hunt’s Smoked Cherrywood Chipotle BBQ sauce
4 tbsp. of unsalted butter
- Creamy black garlic spinach:
1 tbsp. of olive oil
4 tbsp. of black garlic butter, if you don’t have black garlic butter or even black garlic, you can switch to 4 tbsp. of unsalted butter and 3-4 tbsp. of chopped regular raw garlic.
3 tbsp. of chopped garlic
A good pinch of crushed chili
1/3 cup of heavy cream
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cups of cooked rice to your taste
Let’s make it
- Pork tenderloins
- I trimmed tenderloins removing a silver skin and any sticking out pieces, so it would be as round and as even as possible. Trimmed the ends, so it would be flat at the end (will be easier to make trunks and will cook more evenly). Will use those trimmings for the soup (not wasting anything).
- Mix all the spices together and set it aside.
- I like to place a plastic wrap on the counter. Less mess and I will wrap in it tenderloins to marinate.
Mix mayo and Dijon mustard together. Brush the tenderloins from all sides with it.
- Then sprinkle spices all over the tenderloins and wrap it.
Wrap fully and place in the refrigerator for at least a couple of hours or over night, but if you are in a rush, leave in the room temp for at least 30 min.
This step could be done 24-48 hours in advance,
- Place the tenderloins on the tray with a little bit of oil on the bottom.
- Cook in the preheated to 425 F oven for 20 min or until internal temp reaches 147 F, use meat thermometer, then broil for 5 min.
- Wine sauce
- Pour wine and BBQ sauce together in a small pot. Mix.
- Simmer on a medium-high heat stirring occasionally until it reduces to almost half (you have left 50-60% of sauce).
- Remove from the heat and add butter.
- Creamy black garlic spinach:
- Heat oil and butter in the skillet.
- Add garlic and cook for 30-60 sec, until fragrant.
- Add spinach and keep mixing until it’s welted.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add crashed chili and cream.
- Cook just to heat the cream.
- Assembling the plate:
- Put the rice in a small bowl sprayed with a non stick spray (to prevent sticking).
- Flip it on the plate. If you don’t feel confident, you can place plate over the bowl and then flip it together.
- Pour some of the sauce we made. If you have made sauce in advance, reheat it before serving.
- Put some creamy spinach.
- Cut tenderloins in 4 pieces and stack 3 pieces the plate
- Garnish with some fresh parsley and lemon zest (don’t skip this step, It was like cherry on the top).