Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you. This helps me to create more posts like this. Thank you for your support!
Perfect for Christmas morning. Smells and tastes amazing. I promise!
I’m not a fan of that kind of sweet dishes for breakfast and I said to my friends that I’m not even going to eat it. Well.. I ate. It was super delicious and perfect for Christmas morning. It cooks while you open your gifts! How cool is that?!? You don’t have to cook and hot Christmas breakfast is ready!
Christmas Eggnog Bread PudingCourse: Recipes
1 stick of unsalted butter
1 cup of brown sugar
2 tbsp of maple syrup
1 loaf brioche bread (I used 2/3 of the loaf)
2 cups of non-alcoholic eggnog
1 tbsp of vanilla extract
Let’s make it
- The night before: In a small saucepan melt 1 stick of butter with 1 cup of packaged brown sugar and 2 tbls of maple syrup. Bring it to a bloil.
- Spray 9×13 or 8×12 baking dish with non stick spray. Pour the syrup in.
- Cut brioche bread in cubes and place it in the dish over the syrup. Use as much bread as you need to fill up your baking dish.
- Slightly beat 8 eggs with 2 cups of your favorite (I used lactose free) eggnog and 1 tsp of vanilla. Pour over the bread. Cover with aluminum foil and place it in the refrigerator for over night.
- In the morning preheat the oven to 350F. Place the baking dish keeping the aluminum on and bake for 45 min. Then reduce the heat to 325F and cook for another 15-25 min until it’s nicely browned and the casserole is set.
- Serve with some fresh berries or fruit.