Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you. This helps me to create more posts like this. Thank you for your support!
This is one of my favorite chefs Jamie Oliver inspired dish. He made pork ribs this way but however I had planned chicken to make that night. So I decided to make chicken that way and it turned out so delicious, like finger licking delicious! He used oregano, I used thyme. I think both would work, so use whatever you got in your fridge.
Honey – Lemon ChickenCourse: Recipes
Inspired by Jamie Oliver Lemon Honey Pork Ribs
6 chicken thighs
3 tbsp lemon juice, freshly sqeezed
1 lemon zest
3 tbsp honey
A few springs of fresh thyme
1 bulb of fennel
2 red onions
12 cloves of garlic
3 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Let’s make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- In a dry hot pan (I used cast iron pan for the best char) add all the veggies and get a nice char. You realy need some color, that’s where the flavor is. Then add salt, pepper and a couple tablespoons or olive oil. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Pat dry chicken thighs and rub with some olive oil, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add 1/2 cup of water to the pan with veggies to stop the caramelization. Add chicken over the veggies and place in the oven for 1 hour.
- Mix lemon juice with honey. Heat honey in a microwave for 20-30 sec if it’s not runny. Take thyme springs and base chicken with honey and lemon glaze. Sprinkle some lemon zest and place back to the oven for another 30 min or until chicken is caramelized.
- Serve with some side salad.