Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you. This helps me to create more posts like this. Thank you for your support!
My another invention of one of my favorite seafood – scallops. It can be prepared a few hours in advance and kept refrigerated. I made those in baking sea scallop shells, but you can make it in ramekens as well.
Baked Scallops with Proccuto and Limoncello CrumsCourse: AppetizersCuisine: Sweet Zivile, Fusion
16 medium size scallops
salt and pepper to taste
Non stick spray
- For the crumbs
1 tbsp unsalted butter
4 slices of prosciutto, minced
1/2 cup of white dry wine
3 tbsp Limoncello
1/2 panko bread crumbs
1/4 tsp sea salt
pepper to taste
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1 tsp dried parsley
- For garnishing
Fresh parsley, optional
Let’s make it
- Pat dry scallops very well using some paper towels.
- Spray scallop shells with non stick spray and place 4 scallops in each shell. Set it asside.
- In a medium skillet melt butter over medium – hight heat and fry proccuto until crisp. Then add wine, Limoncelo and let it evaperate until you have left about 1/3.
- Add bread crums, parsley and fry for a minute or so to get some color. Turn of the heat and set it aside for 5 minutes.
- Add parmesan cheese, mix well and scoop on the scallops.
- Cook in preheated to 400 F oven for 15-17 min.
- Sprinkle some fresh parsley and serve.