Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you. This helps me to create more posts like this. Thank you for your support!
I found an inspiration online when I was looking for some romantic dessert. I adjusted the recipe to my taste (eliminated sugar, reduced amount of honey, added real organic lavender, used my own cheesecake recipe etc). Made those for our wedding rehearsal and never tried, just didn’t get a chance, I was so busy. All the guests could not stop talking about those mini cheesecakes and kept asking for the recipe. I made those again for our Girls Spring Flower Brunch and then I took a bite…. O.M.G… and I am not a dessert lover. It’s like I was taken to France to lavender fields. The aroma and the flavor of real vanilla, organic lavender and organic honey is so pleasant! If you are looking for something romantic, maybe girls brunch/dinner or to surprise your guests, look no further! It takes no time to make it, literally 15 min. plus baking time, but who counts time when pan is just sitting in the oven? You can thank me later..
Lavender – Honey Mini Cheesecakes | Like a trip to France Lavender Fields.. Love is in the airCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
- For the crust
1 1/2 cups of sugar cookie crumbs (I used 8 Vons sugar cookies)
2 tbsp melted unsalted European Style butter
2 tsp. organic lavender buds
- For the filling
4 packages (32 oz total) Philadelphia cream cheese
1/2 cup organic honey
3 large eggs
1 lemon zest
1/2 cup sour cream or heavy cream
A pinch of salt
1 tsp organic vanilla paste
- For the topping
1/2 cup organic honey
1/2 heavy cream
Let’s make it
- Preheat the oven to 325 F.
- Place cookies in a food processor and process to crumbs.
- Add melted butter, organic lavender buds and mix it well.
- Line muffin tin with cupcake liners, I got it 20. Place ~1 tsp of cookie crumbs in each liner and even it out pressing firmly down with fingers or using a shot glass.
- In a stand mixer or a bowl if you are using a hand mixer beat cream cheese with a pedal attachment for a minute or so, just to get it creamy. Add honey, eggs one at the time, vanilla, sour cream and salt. Beat just until everything is evenly incorporated and there is no lumps.
- Distribute all the batter evenly in cupcake liners, almost to the top, but leave some space, so you can pour some sauce on the top. I used an ice cream scooper.
- Tap the pan a few time to the counter release any air bubbles.
- Bake for 20-25 min until center is just set. Start checking after 18 min.
- Let is rest for 10 min and then take it out on the cooking rack. Refrigerate before serving at least 2 hours. When it’s baked, it will be puffed and then it goes down shortly, no worries, that’s how it supposed to be. We use that part to fill the sauce. Sometimes I use tweezers to take it out so I wouldn’t ruin the paper and the shape.
- For the sauce heat honey and cream together for 5-6 min until it thickens slightly. You can make sauce a couple days in advance and keep it refrigerated. Just before serving microwave for 5-8 sec to make it runny.
- Right before serving scoop ~1/2 tsp of sauce on each cupcake and sprinkle some organic lavender buds.
- It can be made up to 3 days in advance and kept refrigerated or up to 1 month and then kept in the freezer. It takes 1 hour to defrost on the counter.