Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you. This helps me to create more posts like this. Thank you for your support!
Delicious, healthy and colorful dinner. Chicken is the best comfort food in our house. We would have roasted chicken once a week and I would make extra 2-3 portions so we would have leftovers for next day’s lunch to reheat or to make some delicious sandwich. I try not to be boring and always come up with some new variations. Here is our from this week 🙂
Healthy and Quick Dinner | Roasted Chicken with Rainbow Quinoa SaladCourse: MainDifficulty: Easy
6 chicken legs
6 tsp. of sea salt
5 tbsp. of sweet paprika
5 tsp. of thyme
3 tsp. of dried granulated garlic, I like to use it course, gives some nice toasted crunch
2 tbsp. of dried onion
2 tsp. sweet basil
2 tsp. oregano
3 tbsp. of dried parsley
- Quinoa salad
3 cups of rainbow cooked quinoa
2 large tomatoes, chopped
1 English cucumber, chopped
1 bunch of green onions, chopped
2 medium avocados, chopped
1 red bell pepper
Salt, pepper to taste
1 lemon juice
2 tbsp. of olive oil
Let’s make it
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Mix olive oil with spices making a paste.
- Pat dry the chicken to get the crispy skin and rub with oils and spices mixture all over.
- Place on the baking sheet and let it sit at room temperature for at least 30 min to absorb the flavors. If you in a hurry, cook it right away, still will be delicious.
- Roast in the oven for 45-60 min or until nicely roasted and internal temperature has reached at least 165 F.
- Quinoa salad
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Serve and enjoy!