Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you. This helps me to create more posts like this. Thank you for your support!
Greek Inspired Lemon Chicken Soup
10 cups of chicken broth, homemade
1/2 onion, finely diced
3 medium carrots, peeled, diced
1 celery stick, finely chopped
Salt, pepper to taste
2 lemon juice
3 eggs and 2 egg yolks
1 cup of rice
2 cups of shredded chicken
1 tbsp olive oil
A big handlul of fresh dill, finely chopped
Let’s make it
- Make chicken broth with lots of meat in it, here is my recipe. Shred the chicken and set it asside.
- In a Dutch oven or large enough pot heat oil and add onions, carrots, celery and cook until onions are translucent.
- Add rice, chicken broth and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add shredded chicken and bring it back to a boil.
- Slightly beat eggs and yolks with lemon juice.
- Add slowly, 2 cups of soup (mostly liquid) to temper the eggs then puor the mixture into a pot and bring it to a boil. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add fresh dill.
- Enjoy with some bread sticks.