Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you. This helps me to create more posts like this. Thank you for your support!
This dish pairs with red wine so well! Goat cheese has its distinguish flavor, beets give sweetness and orange ads tanginess and citrus notes. It can be made up to 30-45 min before serving and kept at room temperature.
Tip: Cheese is the best if served at room temperature.
Got wine? Delicious goat cheese, beet and orange appetizerCourse: AppetizersDifficulty: Easy
4 oz. of soft goat cheese with honey
1 can of whole sweet baby beets. You will need just a couple of them
1 organic orange, I use from my own garden
A few baby lettuce leaves for decoration
Let’s make it
- Lay triscuit crackers on a flat plater or decorative wood cutting board.
- Add piece of goat cheese on each cracker.
- Slice beets into thicker slices and add 1 slice on the top of the cheese.
- Add 1 baby lettuce leave on each beet slice.
- Wash and slice the orange skin very thinly in sticks, use only orange part. Then remove all the skin cutting around the orange. Cut each orange segment out, leaving only the white part.
- Place 1 orange segment and a couple of strips of the zest on each beet slice.
- Serve and enjoy!
- It can be made up to 30-45 min before serving and kept at room temperature. Cheese is the best if served at room temperature.