Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you. This helps me to create more posts like this. Thank you for your support!
My daughter like dishes with less meat, so I try sometimes to eliminate the meat or go fully vegetarian.
I watched Tabita’s Brown jackfruit tacos and she makes any food look so good, I decided to take a shot and try it. I was amazed, how me, as a big meat lover loved those tacos. I did not follow her recipe, just went with my gut and made my own Jackfruit Tacos, but idea was from her. Let me show you how I make it.
Vegetarian Jackfruit TacosDifficulty: Easy
Delicious, light lunch idea
2 (1 lb. and 4 oz. each) cans of green jackfruit
3 tbsp. of taco seasoning, 40 % less sodium
1/2 tsp. of black pepper
1 tbsp. of minced dried garlic
1 thin slice of red onion
1/2 of large tomato, chopped
Cilantro leaves, chopped
Mexican blend cheese
Salt to taste
Let’s make it
- Drain jackfruit and squeeze between hands removing liquid as much as you can. Break between fingers in bite size pieces, make it look like shredded chicken.
- In a large skillet add 2 tbsp. of olive oil, seasoning and fry it until dries a little bit and gets some nice char.
- I like to use this pan, but you can make it a regular skillet. Add a drizzle of oil. I turned it on on 350 F.
- And brush it with a brush.
- Add tortillas and lightly fry from one side. The flip it and add generous amount of jackfruit, sliced tomatoes, red onion, cilantro.
- You could stop it right there or you can add Chipotle Taco Sauce, ~1 tbsp., Mexican cheese blend, about 1 tbsp.
- Then take a spatula and close it.
- Fry until cheese is melted and tortilla is nicely toasted.
- Serve it as is with your favorite salsa or guacamole.
- Or you can load with all the goodness, like avocado, more Chipotle Taco Sauce, cilantro, tomatoes, red onions etc.