Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you. This helps me to create more posts like this. Thank you for your support!
Quick, delicious and very easy to make side dish. Minimum ingredients and effort.
Green Beans with Bacon and Pine NutsCourse: SidesCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
1 lb. green beans, ends removed
3 slices of smoked bacon
2-3 tbsp. pine nuts
Salt and pepper to taste
Let’s make it
- Place a medium pot filled with water on the stove, ~2 quarts, add 2 tbsp. of salt, and bring it to a boil.
- In a mean time slice bacon in a small bits and cook on a dry pan until crisp. Set it aside. This step could be made a few days in advance, just reheat it before serving.
- In a separate small dry pan toast pine nuts until fragrant and gets some nice toasty color. Set it aside. This step could be mad a few days in advance.
- Place beans in a boiling water, bring it back to a boil and cook for exact 5 min. Remove to an ice water bath immediately to prevent overcooking, and let it sit for a couple of minutes. Drain well and place it on a plater.
- Sprinkle some sea salt, freshly cracked black pepper.
- Place bacon bits and pine nuts right in the middle creating a line and drizzle some of the bacon fat over the beans if desire.
- Serve and enjoy!