Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you. This helps me to create more posts like this. Thank you for your support!
This is absolutely our favorite calamari recipe. The base of this recipe was from one of my favorite chefs Jamie Oliver, but I adjusted for my self and now it’s been years and years as our favorite in our home. The Kick sauce is a big addition to it. It’s great as a daily appetizer or if you want to impress your guests. Don’t skip frying parsley and lemons. It ads so much flavor and texture.
The Best Calamari RecipeDifficulty: Easy
1 clean squid, cut in rings
1 lemon very thinly cut in slices
A few brunches of washed and still wet curly parsley
1 cup of all purpose flour
1 tbsp. of ground fennel seeds (can be powder or you can roughly ground in mortar and pestle.
1 tsp of sea salt
Oil for deep frying (any flavorless oil will work)
Let’s make it
- Preheat oil in a deep frying pan or pot to 350F
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl
- Coat squid with a flour mixture, shake the access off and fry until golden brow.
- Then dip in a flour mixture wet parsley and fry as well.
- Lastly dip in a flour mixture and fry lemons. Be careful, it might splash!
- Serve with The Kick sauce