Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you. This helps me to create more posts like this. Thank you for your support!
A few years ago I was invited to Beer Christmas/Beer Advent party. My dear friend Monaca is a beer lover and she invited me to join it. I am from Lithuania, where people are known to drink beer instead of water, so I was, yayyy, I am in!
I wanted to share with you this idea, so maybe you could do it with your friends and it would make your Holiday season even more joyful. You can do it with any kind of your favorite drinks. I really wanted to do it with wine this year, but picked the wrong date (Thanksgiving weekend) and not to many people were able to make it. Next year the Wine Advent is coming for sure!
The rules are very simple:
- Everyone gets 24 beer (it can be cans or bottles, preferably as much as possible different kind).
- Wrap each in aluminum foil so no one can see what is inside. You can come up with maybe more environment friendly idea if you wish, but aluminum is very easy to use and you don’t need anything extra to keep it in place.
- Meet at fiends house, we usually would be 12-16 of us, bring the beer, place in one place, mixing it.
- We gather, have a good time and in a few hours we draft. Each one takes 1 at the time until all beer is gone.
- At the end of the night we each have the same amount of beer we brought, only hopefully different ones.
- We go home and every day, starting December 1st, we open 1 bottle and enjoy through the month and will have an opportunity to try different beers that you might not have tried otherwise
It’s a great opportunity to kick off the Holiday season, and each day you open beer, you think about your friends!
You can create your own group hashtag and make a post on social media showing what beer you got that day.
It’s so much fun! Please share with me your favorite holiday games with friends and family.
Hope you gonna give this a try and Happy Holidays!