Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you. This helps me to create more posts like this. Thank you for your support!
Unbelievable combination of cheesy, moldy, soft, hard, sweet, sour and spicy. So good!! Pairs beautifully with crisp glass of chardonnay.
Fried Camembert with Habanero Pepper JellyCourse: AppetizersDifficulty: Easy
8 oz. or 180 g. weal of camembert
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1/5 cup of flour
2 cups of panko bread crumbs.
Let’s make it
- Slice camembert in 8 even slices (like a cake).
- In a plastic bag place cheese slices and add flour. Close tightly and shake it well to coat the cheese.
- In a small bowl place eggs.
- In a separate bowl place panko bread crumbs,
- Take each slice of flour coated cheese and dip in eggs, then bread crumbs, then back in eggs and again in bread crumbs. Continue with the rest. Each has to be dipped twice in eggs and twice in bread crumbs.
- Preheat oil to 340-350 F in a deep pan or pot.
- Carefully add slices in oil and fry until just golden.
- Remove from the oil and drain on the paper towel.
- Serve with Sweet Zivile Habanero Pepper Jelly.
- It also pairs very nicely with black mulberry jam.