Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you. This helps me to create more posts like this. Thank you for your support!
Very fragrant, juicy, spicy and easy to make side dish. It pairs wonderfully with my Tequila Lime Chicken.
Coconut – Lime riceCourse: SidesDifficulty: Easy
2 1/2 cups of jasmine rice
3 1/2 cups of water
5 cloves of garlic
1/2 pineapple, cubed in bite side cubes
1/2 tsp. of turmeric powder
2 limes, both zest and juice
1 can of young coconut meat or you can substitute with 1 cup of flaked coconut.
1 1/2 cup of good quality canned coconut milk
1 tbsp. of chili flakes
1 1/2 cups of chopped cilantro leaves
2 tbsp. of coconut oil
Let’s make it
- Cook rice in water and coconut milk until cooked.
- Preheat a large pan with coconut oil and fry garlic until fragrant, for 20-30 sec.
- Add pineapple, young coconut meat and cook for 5-6 minutes until pineapple start to soften a little bit. It doesn’t have to be mushy, just a little changed texture and released sugars.
- Add rice, spices, lime juice and zest to the pan and mix well.
- Turn off the heat and add cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy!