Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you. This helps me to create more posts like this. Thank you for your support!
Crispy, flavor party in your mouth croquettes could be served as an appetizer, snack or as a main dish with some salad on the side. Can be made a day in advance and kept refrigerated until ready to cook.
Crispy Lentil Croquettes with Toasted Seeds and Cilantro – Avocado AioliCourse: Appetizers, Recipes
- For the croquettes
1 cup red lentils
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/4 onion, finely chopped
1/4 tsp chipotle powder
Black pepper to taste
1 tbsp fennel seeds
1 tbsp coriander seeds
1 tbsp mustard seeds
- For the sauce
3 tbsp mayo
1/2 large avocado
1 bunch of cilantro (just leave part)
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 lemon, juice and zest
Let’s make it
- Rinse lentils and soak for at least 30 min and up to a few hours.
- In a meantime, toast fennel, coriander and mustard seeds in a dry pan over medium heat until it slightly changes color, releases aroma and start like dance in a pan (tiny popping thing going on). Transfer to a mortar and pestle and grind roughly just break seeds a little bit to release more aroma.
- Drain lentils, garlic, salt and pure with an immersion blender. Add finely chopped onions, pepper, chipotle and mix well.
- Form small croquettes and fry in a pan with 1/2 inch of oil over medium heat until its golden brow.
- Add all the sauce ingredients in a container and an immersion blender blend until smooth.
- Serve hot or room temperature with the sauce on the side.