Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you. This helps me to create more posts like this. Thank you for your support!
Easy, delicious, smoky and with the nice peppery kick chicken balls for a weekend dinner.
Habanero Pepper Jelly Glazed Smoked Chicken Balls wrapped in baconCourse: MainDifficulty: Intermediate
4 lbs. chicken leg meat
2 jalapeno peppers, deseeded
2 eggs lightly beaten
1 medium onion
3-4 garlic cloves
1 tsp. of black pepper
1 tbsp. of sea salt
1 tbsp. of lemon pepper
1 tbsp. of garlic powder
1 tsp. of cumin
1/2-1 cup of panko bread crumbs, regular will work as well
8 slices of bacon
2 tbsp. of Sweet Zivile Habanero Pepper Jelly
Let’s make it
- Ground chicken leg meat, jalapeno peppers, onion, garlic with the meat grinder through the coarse screen.
- Add eggs, spices and mix very well.
- If the mixture is too runny to form the ball add 1/2 cup of bread crumbs. Add a little more if needed.
- Cover the bawl with the meat mixture with plastic wrap and let it rest in the refrigerator for at least 30 min. Bread crumbs will absorb the moisture and will make the mixture more workable.
- Line the baking sheet with the parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- Divide the mixture in 8 equal portions and form balls.
- Wrap each ball with 1 slice of bacon. No support, like toothpick, needed. It will hold together.
- Glaze bacon with Habanero Pepper Jelly.
- Smoke for 3 hours at 225 F or until reaches at least 165 internal temperature. For more smoky flavor use a cold smoke generator tube. If you want bacon to be more crispy, last 30 min bump the temperature to 300 F.
- Serve with your favorite side dishes.