Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you. This helps me to create more posts like this. Thank you for your support!
Zucchini ravioliCuisine: vegetarianDifficulty: Easy
This is very light meatless weekend dinner or brunch idea.
4 medium size zucchinis
2 cups of ricotta cheese (you can use full fat or part skim)
1 tbsp. of dried mint
1 tsp. of dried basil
1 tsp. of white pepper
3/4 tbsp. of sea salt
1/2 tsp. of red chili pepper flakes
1 egg and 1 egg yolk
2 cups of marinara sauce (homemade or store bought)
1 cup of mozzarella, grated
Fresh basil leaves for serving (optional)
Let’s make it
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Wash zucchinis and trim the ends.
- Cut zucchini in thin slices with a veggie peeler or a mandolin slicer.
- Place ricotta in a bowl. Add eggs and spices. Mix well.
- Take 9 x 13 baking dish and pour 1 cup of marinara sauce. Spread it out.
- Take 4 slices of zucchini and crisscross. And place 1-1.5 tbsp. of ricotta mixture in a middle.
- Fold the edges in making a ravioli.
- Place raviolis in a baking dish.
- Pour another cup of marinara and even it out.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven for 45-60 min or until its bubbly and cheese is golden brown.
- Sprinkle with some fresh sliced basil leaves.