Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you. This helps me to create more posts like this. Thank you for your support!
These are absolutely delicious, juicy, tender and finger licking ribs. Failproof recipe. I use Traeger pellet grill, but you can use any kind of smoker you like. If you have any questions regarding Traeger pellet grill, please feel free to reach out to me.
Smoked Finger Licking RibsCourse: MainCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Intermediate
2 racks of pork ribs, I prefer St. Luis ribs
2 tbsp. sea salt
1 tbsp. of black pepper
1 tbsp. of smoked paprika
1 tbsp. of sweet paprika
1 tsp. of cayenne pepper
1 tbsp. of dried sweet basil
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1 tbsp. of dried thyme
1 tbsp. dried marjoram
- For the glaze
4 tbsp. of unsalted butter
3/4 cup of apple juice
Let’s make it
- Remove the membrane from the ribs.
- Mix all the spices together and sprinkle over the ribs rubbing in.
- Leave for at least 30 min to rest and marinate.
- Set the Traeger to “Smoke” setting and place the ribs meat side up, I always use a cold smoke generating tube with some wood pellets for more smoky flavor. Let it run on the “Smoke” setting for 30 min. Then bump it to 250 F and smoke for 2.30 hours.
- After being 3 hours on the smoker, place ribs in the deep cooking tray, add butter on the top, pour apple juice on the bottom and cook for another 2 hours at 250 F, uncovered.
- Take it out, let it rest for 15-30 min and serve.