Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you. This helps me to create more posts like this. Thank you for your support!
This is very delicious, hearty bowl of stew or soup, whatever you want to call it. You can make it in 30 min. Yes, it takes only 30 min from you start to cook it and until you are ready to serve it. You can prepare even a day or two in advance. It’s even better the next day. I always make more, so my family can have it for next day’s lunch or you can freeze it. Love it! The cook is not overwhelmed and the family members are asking for a second bowl, because it was so awesome.
Italian style Chili |A Bowl of hearty goodnessCourse: MainCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Easy
4 lbs. of ground beef, 15 % of fat
1 large onion, finely chopped
5 cloves of garlic, chopped
2 (24 oz.) cans of chopped or crushed tomatoes in juice or in tomato pure
2 (15 oz.) cans or red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
4 tbsp. of dried oregano
2 tbsp. of dried sweet basil
1 tsp. of black pepper
1/2 tsp. of cayenne pepper
3 tbsp. of olive oil
~ 2 cups of water
- For serving
Parmesan cheese, grated
Parsley or some micro greens
Let’s make it
- In a deep and wide large skillet heat the oil, add the meat and fry until you get a nice browning going on. That’s where the flavor comes from. I use this tool to make it easier to break the meat. Watch the video about the tool.
- Add onion and fry for another couple of minutes.
- Add all the spices, tomatoes, beans and water. Bring it to a boil and simmer for 12 min.
- Add garlic and simmer for another 2-3 min.
- Place it in a bowl, add generous amount of grated parmesan and serve it with some garlic bread.