Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you. This helps me to create more posts like this. Thank you for your support!
Very easy and quick my version of egg drop soup
This is my version of super simple, quick, delicious egg drop soup. This is very comforting and I love to sip on it from a cup.
After the bullion starts to boil it takes literally 2-3 min to finish and serve.
You can use my recipe to make bullion:
Or make your own.
6 cups of chicken broth
4 eggs, slightly beaten
4 tbsp. of roasted sesame
2 tbsp. of spicy Asian vinegar (I use chili cane vinegar)
4 tbsp. or to taste soy sauce
1 tbsp. of red chili oil
Dash of white pepper
4-6 tbsp. of corn starch mixed with 1/2 cup of cold water (Start with 4 and see if you want thicker, then ad some more)
2 handfuls of spring onions
Let’s make it
- Place the chicken broth in the pot and turn on the heat on high.
- Lightly beat eggs and put it on the side.
- Slice spring onions in rings and put it on the side.
- Add sesame oil, soy sauce, chili oil, vinegar, white pepper to the bullion and taste for salt.
- When broth comes to a boil, constantly mixing add starch mixed with water and slowly stirring let it come back to a boil. If you want it thicker, add 1 tbsp. starch mixed with 2-3 tbsp. of water until you like the thickness. I like it just slightly thicker, not too thick.
- Constantly mixing slowly add eggs and bring it back to a boil.
- Turn off the heat and add sliced spring onion.
- Serve and enjoy!