Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you. This helps me to create more posts like this. Thank you for your support!
Beautiful, aromatic gardens herb covered beef roast is a delicious weekend treat. We like it medium rare, so I cook it until 130 F, but if you like it more cooked, go ahead and add 5 more degrees.
Beef RoastCourse: MainDifficulty: Easy
- For the beef
~ 3 lb. Beef round eye
3 tbsp. sea salt
3 tbsp. coarse black pepper
2 cups of chopped fresh herbs like mint, sage, rosemary, thyme
1 head of garlic, chopped
Some olive oil
- For the vegetables
4 medium size carrots
1 red onion
15-20 cloves of garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
Some olive oil
Let’s make it
- Preheat the oven to 450 F.
- Chop the veggies roughly. Add salt, pepper, some olive oil and place it in the baking dish. I used a turkey roasting tray.
- Trim the roast to make it pretty much even. I left some fat on to be it more juicy.
- Chop the herbs and the garlic together and shape it in a heart shape. Do you have to do that? No, but when you do, it tastes better LOL
- Sprinkle the beef with salt and pepper.
- Add herbs and garlic, drizzle with some olive oil and place it on the rack over the vegetables.
- Cook for 30 min or until internal temperature of the beef reaches 130 F.
- Take out the beef, cover with the aluminum and let it rest. Place vegetables back to the oven until it’s nicely browned and fork tender., for ~ 20-25 more min.
- Serve and enjoy!