Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you. This helps me to create more posts like this. Thank you for your support!
I know it’s not for everyone, but we love it! Delicious, crispy outside, juicy and flavorful inside and spicy dipping sauce that’s all you need for a great combination. It can be served as an appetizer or as a main dish with sides.
Tempura frog legs with habanero jellyCourse: Appetizers, MainDifficulty: Easy
- For the frog legs
1 lb. of frog legs
Salt and pepper to taste
2 garlic cloves, pressed or finely grated
- For tempura batter
1/2 cup of corn flour
1/2 cup of all purpose flour
3/4 cup of ice cold water
1 tsp. of fine sea salt
1 tsp. of baking powder
1 tsp. of baking soda
Flavorless vegetable oil for deep frying
Let’s make it
- Cut the legs in half, making 1 leg portions.
- Pat dry and rub with garlic. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Let’s make the batter
- Mix all the tempura batter ingredients together. Don’t over mix, small clumps are fine. If you will over mix, it will be hard rather then airy.
- Dip each leg into the batter and fry in 350 F preheated oil until golden brown.
- Serve with Sweet Zivile Habanero Pepper Jelly on the side.