Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you. This helps me to create more posts like this. Thank you for your support!
This is one of our favorite dishes. Very seafood (not fishy, but shellfish) tasting, slightly sweet aroma from scallops, old bay seasoning, Ritz cracker topping.. mmm.. very very delicious. You have to try it!
I make 3 steaks, so we have leftover for the next day. You can stuff fish and keep it refrigerated up to 24 hours and then bake it. If you do so, dinner could be made in under 30 min.
Scallop Stuffed Salmon | Date night dinnerCourse: MainCuisine: Sweet Zivile
3 salmon steaks
Salt and pepper to taste
1 lb. sea scallops
1 tbsp. old bay seasoning
1 tsp. lemon pepper
1/2 lemon juice (large)
1 cup panko bread crumbs
1/2 block or 4 oz. of cream cheese, very soft (microwave for 30-60 sec)
1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, grated
1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese, grated
1//2 sleeve Ritz crackers
2-3 tbsp. unsalted butter
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
3 toothpicks to secure the steaks
Let’s make it
- Remove the bone leaving the meat as much as possible.
- Support the steak ends with the toothpick (watch the video for details).
- Pat dry scallops very dry, I will repeat it.. very dry! and chop it up roughly.
- Melt butter in a skillet and let it get some color.
- Add garlic, scallops and leave it untouched for 3-4 min until you get a nice caramelization. Do not over cook it!
- Add all the spices, lemon juice, panko bread crumbs, cheese, cream cheese and mix well.
- Place Ritz crackers in a zip-lock bag, close it and give a good bang with the rolling pin to make crumbs.
- Season steaks with salt and pepper from both sides.
- Place steaks on the baking tray and stuff with generous amount of stuffing. Sprinkle with Ritz cracker crumbs, sprinkle some more of Old Bay seasoning. This step can be done up to 24 hours in advance and kept in the refrigerator.
- Cook in preheated to 425 F oven for 25 min.
- I like to serve it with baby broccolini.