Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you. This helps me to create more posts like this. Thank you for your support!
Hey there, egg and seafood lovers! Are you tired of the same old scrambled eggs and omelets for breakfast, simply roasted salmon? Well, it’s time to switch things up and try making this frittata! This dish is not only delicious but also fun to say – go ahead, try saying it five times fast.
So, what exactly is a frittata? It’s an Italian dish that’s basically an open-faced omelet. It’s like the omelet’s cooler, more relaxed cousin. No need to worry about flipping it perfectly in half or adding in ingredients in a certain way – with a frittata, you just throw everything in and let it cook. Plus, it’s a great way to use up any leftover veggies or meats you have in your fridge. This is how this frittata was born. I had some leftover salmon from my salmon crudo and I had some leftover crab stuffed unfried zucchini blossoms sitting in the fridge. Puff and this amazing frittata was created! It tastes amazing! Salmon, fluffy eggs and pockets of crab stuffing in zucchini blossoms.
When it’s done, take the baking dish out of the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. Then, slice it up like a pizza. Serve it with some fresh salad. I made endive salad with lemon vinaigrette, it was just perfect!
See, wasn’t that easy and fun? Frittatas are perfect for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or even dinner. Plus, they’re a great way to impress your friends and family with your culinary skills (even if you’re not really a pro). So go ahead, give it a try – you won’t be disappointed!
Salmon and Crab Stuffed Zucchini Blossom Frittata
1 lb fresh salmon fillet, cubed in ~1 inch pieces
1 cup heavy cream
Salt and pepper to taste
10 crab stuffed zucchini blossoms (recipe)
Non stick cooking spray
Let’s make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Spray 10 inch round baking dish with non stick spray. Lay salmon cuber on the bottom in one layer.
- Beat eggs with cream and salt and pepper slightly and pour over the salmon.
- Add crab stuffed zucchini blossoms on the top and place it in the oven for 50-60 min or until the frittata is no more giggling in the mddle.
- Take out of the oven and let it rest for 5-10 minutes befpre slicing it.
- I recomend serving it with some bright salad on the side, like endive salad with lemon vinaigrette.
- It can be made 1 day before serving and reheated in 350 F oven, covered for 15 minutes.
- It can be made as individual tarts.