Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you. This helps me to create more posts like this. Thank you for your support!
Crawfish croquettesDifficulty: Easy
Amazingly delicious and quick appetizer.
12 oz. or 340 g of crawfish tails, cooked
1 sleeve of Ritz crackers, divided in 2 parts
3/4 tsp. of Old Bay seasoning
1/3 tsp. of cayenne pepper
4 green onion, plus for serving
Vegetable oil for frying
- For the dipping sauce
1 cup of mayo
3/4 cup of ketchup
5 tbsp. of Tapatio hot sauce
Let’s make it
- Preheat 1 inch of oil in a pan to 350 F.
- Put in a food processor crawfish tails, 1/2 of sleeve of crackers, egg and the seasoning.
- Pulsing blend until you get small chunks. Something like this. It’s blended but not to mushy. You still wanna see a texture.
- Crash (in a zip lock bag with rolling pin or in a food processor) another 1/2 of sleeve of crackers for coating.
- Add sliced green onions, mix and form in 1 tsp. balls rolling them into crackers.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Mix all the ingredients together
- Take 5-6 green onions and slice 1-1.5 inch slices. Then slice them in thin slices (like sticks). Place in ice water for a few minutes to get curly.
- Sprinkle lots of green onions on the top of Crawford Crawfish balls and serve with the sauce on the side.