Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you. This helps me to create more posts like this. Thank you for your support!
It’s not your regular Fried Chicken!Difficulty: Easy
Who doesn’t love crunchy outside, full of flavor and juicy inside fried chicken?! I am not a big fan of deep fried food, but my American side of family loves it. Let’s make them some treat! 🙂
- For the marinate
5-6 lbs. whole chicken cut in pieces, or you can use any parts you like
1 qt. or 950 ml of buttermilk
1/5 cup of hot sauce. I used Cayenne pepper sauce
2-3 tbsp. of sea salt
1 tsp. of black pepper
1 tbsp. of meet tenderizer. If you don’t have one, you can just skip it. It still will be juicy.
1 tbsp. of garlic powder
- For breading
4 cups of all purpose flour
4 tbsp. of fennel powder
2 tbsp. of black pepper
2 tbsp. of sea salt
4 tbsp. of garlic powder
2 tbsp. of dried oregano
2 tsp. of coriander powder
2 tbsp. of sweet paprika
Let’s make it
- Wash the chicken and cut in pieces. You can choose to leave the skin on or remove it. I have made it both ways, it does not make a big difference.
- Whisk buttermilk, hot sauce, salt, pepper, meat tenderizer and garlic powder.
- Add chicken pieces.
- Merge all the pieces, cover with plastic wrap and let it marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. The best would be overnight.
- Mix all the breading ingredients and coat the chicken pieces. I like to do that in a plastic ziploc bag, breading a couple of pieces at the time. Put the flour mixture in the bag, add a couple pieces of chicken, close the bag tightly and shake it. Keep repeating, until all the chicken is coated.
- Preheat a deep enough to cover chicken with oil pan or pot. Choose rather wide than deep pan.
- Fry a few pieces at the time on a medium high. Do not overcrowd the pan.
- To keep your cooked chicken warm, preheat the oven to 250 F and keep the chicken in a tray in the oven until all the chicken is done and ready to serve.
- Right before serving sprinkle chicken with some sea salt. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and your favorite side dishes.