Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you. This helps me to create more posts like this. Thank you for your support!
Avocado-Bacon rollsDifficulty: Easy
This is my lovely daughter’s favorite appetizer. She loves it with bacon, but if you are not a bacon fan or would like to make it vegetarian, just substitute bacon with sun dried tomatoes.
You can make it a few hours in advance and fry it just before serving. It’s the best served hot. If you want to reheat it next day, do it in an air fryer.
9 Egg roll wrappers
3 medium size avocados, ripe or medium ripe
3 slices of bacon
A pinch of sea salt
A pinch of red chili flakes
1 tbsp. of lime juice
- For dipping sauce
4 tbsp. of finely chopped cilantro
6 tbsp. of white vinegar
10 tbsp. of soy sauce
4 tbsp. of flavorless oil (like grapeseed or canola)
4 tbsp. of warm honey
Let’s make it
- For the dipping sauce
- Mix all the ingredients together and set it aside.
- For rolls
- Place bacon on a parchment paper lined baking tray and place it in the preheated to 375 F oven for 17-22 min, until it’s crisp. Cool it down on paper towels and chop it in a small pieces.
- Slice avocado in half and remove the pit. Slice it cubes. I like to do it this way. I slice it with the knife inside the avocado and then just scoop it out with the spoon. Less mess.
- Mix all the ingredients together trying not to smash avocado, so it would stay in cubes.
- Take an egg roll wrapper and place a tablespoon of the mixture on the corner, brush edges with some water and wrap it slightly tight.
- Preheat at least 1 inch of oil in a pan to 350 F.
- Fry rolls from all sides until slightly brow. Keep in mind that after you take it out it will brown a little bit more.
- Cut in half, serve with the dipping sauce and enjoy!